Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas that is produced by the incomplete combustion of fuels such as wood, natural gas, gasoline, diesel, kerosene, coal and charcoal. It is caused by lack of oxygen or a disruption in the burning process. Household appliances such as gas furnaces, gas ranges, dryers, wood burning appliances and even charcoal grills can produce this silent killer.
Home heating systems represent only 5% of potential carbon monoxide sources. Though the amount of carbon monoxide produced is not substantial, it is important to schedule annual maintenance visits by your HVAC representative to make sure all combustion appliances are operating properly and all chimneys and vents are free from obstruction, wear, or rust.
How can you protect your family and business from th's hazard? Primarily, keep your appliances in good working condition, and schedule yearly inspection for your HVAC. However, no matter how diligent you are, there is always the possibility of carbon monoxide escaping into your business or home.
The best "insurance" against this problem is to install quality CO detectors. Adamson Bros. sells high quality CO detectors only available through licensed HVAC dealers.
Adamson Bros. exclusively offers C O – EXPERTS CO Detectors. Call or contact us today to learn more about these detectors and why they should be an essential product to protect your family and home.
Adamson Bros. will also test your CO detector. Just drop it off at 102 S. Walnut here in Ottawa and we can test it for you. (view map for our location)
Adamson Bros. Heating & Cooling has been servicing the citizens of Ottawa and the surrounding community since 1983. We feel it is important our customers know we will be around to provide services to them for years to come.